Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mary Daly a Twisted Soul


I usually don't bash a person that has recently been deceased but in this case I will make an exception. I didn't know much about this woman while she was alive but her obituary gave me clues into her warped mind.
Mary Daly a self proclaimed radical feminist and author of such books as Gyn/Ecology, Pyer Lust and Outercourse and the Be-Dazzling Voyage.
She taught at Boston College for 25 years while refusing to allow male students into some of her classes. She didn't believe women could express themselves freely and learn while men were present. I didn't know women were so intimidated by men. I wonder what Daly thought when The Citadel had to begin accepting women back in 1995. The Schools argument was that women in the cadet ranks would be a disruptive influence. I think she would have be the first person to cry discrimination.
From reading her different quotes and from her attitude I believe she was a individual consumed by hate.
Daly once told a interviewer that she even hated saying the word “man” and all men would have to offer in her classes was doodoo and later said “if life is to survive on this planet there must be decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of Males". Sounds like her Shangri-La.
This woman that proclaimed she hated the bible also coined the term “Gynocide” in reference to the mostly female individuals that were killed between the 14th and 18th centuries as witches. She used the word gynocide to compare the witch hunts to the Holocaust. She believed 9 million people were killed while nearly all experts put the number at 60,000 to 100,000. This is just one example of how she ignored facts to futher her political agenda.
I find a portrait of a bigot that twists the truth to conform with her warped ideas of a man's and a woman's place in her world.
I could fill pages of quotes I have found on the internet of her twisted logic and hatred of men. Can anyone imagine a man saying and doing the things towards women that she has got away with?
Here are a couple of links to Mary Daly's quotes and nonsense.

Mary Daly's rants and Potrait of Mary Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe in a reader